Sunday, November 13, 2016

RNRLV

Tonight is the Rock and Roll Las Vegas marathon, half marathon and 10K.   My good friend is running the half marathon, my husband is in the 10K and I’m in the marathon—or rather I’m signed up for the marathon.   I’m debating on running the half since I’ve got a cold which is dragging me down.  

I think my body is fine to run the marathon distance: I haven’t been sore from the New York marathon a week ago and I’m recovered on all fronts other than the pesky cold side of things.   At any rate, I won’t know which race I’m running until this evening when I reach the half/full split.   At that point, I’ll have to make a decision one way or the other.  

I’d really like to run the marathon: the course has been changed since last year with less hill climbing, or perhaps it’s more accurate to say, “less long, gradual slope climbing” and more downtown/strip areas.    It should be an easier race from that perspective, but I’ve got a cough and my voice is cracking and, well, this cold is just making me tired.  

On an entirely other subject, I have a bruised knuckle.   My right index finger’s third digit is a nasty shade of purple.   It appeared yesterday, looking like I’d punched someone or something but only made contact with the index finger knuckle.   Since I haven’t punched anyone or hit anything, it’s a mystery.   It hasn’t hurt and is fading today, but it’s a strange random happenstance with no known cause.   And I do like to know why.

The Big Boy Update:  Papa sent me a text telling me he had been reading Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone to the children yesterday.   After he had finished reading, my son explained how the movie was different than that part of the book.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: My daughter was at Nana and Papa’s piano this morning.   After playing the high notes she moved to the other end.  After hitting a few keys she told Papa she was playing, “bad guy” sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment