Sunday, November 6, 2016

New York City Marathon

I'm tired, it's late and I have to get up early to catch a flight home so this is a quick post until I get to my computer with more hours of sleep behind me. 

The race was great.  We had fun, met lots of nice people, were cheered on by throngs of onlookers, many with funny signs, a surprising portion making fun of Donald Trump. It was a long morning to get to the start lines but we had good weather which made it a more pleasant wait.  

We had long porta potty lines which jacked up our tptotal run time eve though we ran many of the miles faster than our typical pace. We happily finished the race just before dark in Central Park,   

Our friends had told us which hotel to stay in because it is cery close to the finish line ejecton point out of the park.  We stumbled back to our room and sat down for a while.   Then, we had the most delightful dinner with Morgan, our sitter who is adored by our children.

Next, I'm going to bed.

The Big Boy, Tiny Girl and Neighbor's Children Update:  Nana came to visit with Papa today.  Nana is a lot of fun.  She was so much fun that everyone wanted to sit beside her or on her lap, including our neighbor's children.   I'm not surprised, Nana knows how to make children happy. 

Marathon Update:  I ran the New York Marathon today and had a blast.  I'm not sure about doing it again, but it most definitely was a fun experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment