Thursday, October 6, 2016

Why Can’t I Go To Detroit?

My daughter very much hates some medical things.  Other things, like taking a trip with one or both of us to Detroit to go to an operating room and have her eyes looked at or have surgery preformed doesn’t seem to be on the “bad things” list for her.   She even likes to go.

This is in part because we try to make the trips fun for her.   This upcoming trip she’s already planning to take her pennies from Joan and John for the fountain at the mall.   We’ve only casually mentioned she would be going, not even bothering to say the appointment was moved up a month.   She’s just excited to go.

My son is disappointed.   He complained in the car this morning, “why can’t I go to Detroit?”   It’s hard to explain to a five-year-old but I told him he and I would do some special things together while his sister was visiting her retina surgeon with dad.

My son has been wanting to get his hair cut.   I’m hoping I can work a hair cut and new shoes (which he needs) into part of the special times we’ll have together while his sister and father are in Detroit.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Chore Chart Plan:   We started a chore chart today for both children.   The “chores” are fairly loosely defined right now with completion of anything deemed “chore worthy” meriting a stamp on their paper chart.   When their chart is complete, they will get a small allowance. As we move forward with this they are going to be required to do more of the chores.   For now and for today, they were quite motivated over a little tiny heart stamp on a piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment