Sunday, October 30, 2016

Rock Paper Lizard Spock

If you’ve watched the show The Big Bang Theory, you might know what the title of this post is about.   There is a point where two of the characters need to determine who will do something and instead of playing the standard, “Rock Paper Scissors” game they play a more complex version called, “Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock”.  

The scene where Sheldon, one of the extreme nerds, explains the rules as if it’s nothing.   It’s definitely laugh-worthy.   At any rate, the rules of “Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock” are valid and if you want to play, you just need to learn the winning/losing combinations.

What surprised me was my son, who has never seen the show, came home the other day and wanted to play, “Rock Paper Lizard Spock” (missing out on the Scissors choice).   It appears one of his friends at school was trying to teach him.  

My husband worked with him on the rules some.   I’m not sure if they got it all, but it was cute watching them practice the game.

The Big Boy Update:  A song came on the radio in the car yesterday and my son announced, “this is a boy song.”  My daughter wasn’t sure he was right about it because she liked the song too.   I asked him how he knew and he told me, “because boys are singing”.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I’m not sure if my daughter has gotten more light sensitive lately or if her right eye might be seeing more but she wants sunglasses any time she’s out in bright sunlight.    We have no evidence to show she’s seeing more, but it’s a change of some sort.   More when we know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment