Sunday, October 2, 2016

Still Camping

I'm still camping.  They haven't let me go home.   There are leaves and trees and a fire from time to time.  The only sign of civilization is our daily trip to Wal*Mart for things we forgot or ran out of.  

There was an incident where the pot of pasta all fell in the ground and a leg was scalded but it was deemed okay and we stayed and ate the pasta without noodles.

But so far, no ticks, no broken bones and no bites from snakes.  There are a lot of sounds in the woods at night.  My husband thinks he can hear them crawling on the outside of the tent.  

My children have never been so happy to be so dirty. 

Tomorrow we go home. 

The Big Boy Update:  We were at the edge of the lake, about to leave when my father-in-law said to my son, "don't forget your stick" (which my son had been playing with for some time).  My son replied, "it's not my stick, it's natures"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been wanting me to call her, "Tiny" lately. She told me her favorite part of the day was going to take a shower with me and singing songs in the walk back to the camp site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment