Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I Know What You Can Do

My husband and I were talking about a water mark that appeared on the table after snack with my children the other day.    We were going over options on how to get the mark removed and why the table had become more susceptible to water intrusion than it had been when it was originally purchased.

My daughter and her friend, Madison, were in the kitchen at the time had a suggestion as well.   Madison said, “I know what you can do; you can buy a new table.”  We explained how we liked the table and didn’t want to get a new table because of one little mark.   My daughter wasn’t convinced though.   She said, “okay, but if you can’t fix it, you could still get a new table.”

We didn’t get a new table.  Instead, we removed the water mark moisturized the wood for good measure.

The Big Boy Update:  My son and daughter were counting in the car this morning.  I can’t remember how counting came up but my son told me he wanted to make up a new number.  He created “Seph” which is between five and six.   My daughter, not to be outdone, created the letter “Fey” which came before H.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter informed us at dinner last night, “I’m very graceful.”

Tired From Running:   I ran about twelve-and-a-half miles today.   I was doing fine but at the end I started feeling unusually tired.   I got home and was definitely feeling tired.   About an hour later I started eating everything I could find, starting in the fruit bowl.   I’m not sure if it was lack of calories or something else, but it took several hours for me to feel mostly normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment