Friday, October 14, 2016

What Flag is Madison On?

My son’s been doing new types of work at school over the past two weeks.   Some of this is in part because he’s had a change in main teachers.   The new teacher has introduced him to maps and flags and possibly because of how she’s introduced them, he’s become very interested.

At the end of last week came home with a map of North and South America:


Then yesterday, he brought home a map of the continents:


This afternoon he using my phone to send a text message to Madison, his cousin Kyle's girlfriend.   From the back seat of the car he asked me, “mom, what flag is Madison on?”   I told him she lived in New Jersey which was under the same flag we live under.   He said, “okay, I got it.”   After he sent the message I checked and he sent the US flag to her (along with a lot of hearts).

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Tape Conversation:   This afternoon in the car, my children were talking about their day at school.   My daughter was talking about tape and asked, “do we have gorilla tape, mom?”   I said I wasn’t sure what gorilla tape was.   My son said, “I know what it is; it’s like duct tape only instead of ducks in the middle it has gorillas in the middle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment