Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Rain Adventure

Yesterday morning I went running with my neighbor.   We started out without rain but we returned home drenched.   I went to the bathroom to get cleaned up and when I came out I realized my husband and children weren’t in the house.  

I checked the cars—they were there.   I debated calling my husband but I figured they were somewhere having fun and would return eventually.    A short while later I heard the door chime from the garage, followed by the pattering of two running children into the master bedroom.   Two naked children ran into the room and cried out, “warm bath, warm bath!”

As I started the bath, they began to tell me about their rain adventure.   They had gone down the steep hill behind our house and had gone along the creek.   They found a way to cross the creek and got wet as the did so.   They found a zip line and a tree house built by some children in the neighborhood.   My son wanted to use the zip line but we’re not sure he’s ready to hold on yet, so my husband told him he could when he was older.

As they came home, they found big rocks to throw in the creek and then they discovered they could cross the creek at a location where the water level was higher than their rain boots so they got filled up with water, as did my husband’s shoes.

They made it home and were so happy about the adventure they asked if we could do another one that afternoon.

The Big Boy Update:  The, “can you get me this App” thing may become an interesting thing for my son.   He found a second app (was prompted to buy it by a well-targeted ad) and now has two new apps that require reading.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I’m going to draw an ‘L’.   My daughter’s vision difficulties make it hard to know what she can and can’t do, but today she said she was going to draw several things, and then did a good job of doing what she said she was going to do.   She can’t see well, but she can do many things.


No comments:

Post a Comment