Sunday, November 15, 2015

Rock & Roll 5K

We’re in Las Vegas for the Rock & Roll Marathon series this weekend.   Last night was a pre-race day 5K off the strip.    My husband isn’t a runner due to a knee injury from many years ago but also due to preference.   Running isn’t really his thing.

We got on a cram packed monorail with droves of other runners to head to the last stop on the line and then walk to the festival grounds on which the race was mapped out.    There were about eight thousand people there.

It was a fun run for me because I don’t get to run with my husband much.   He didn’t train for the race at all.   When I trained up to run a 5K I worked for thirteen weeks to get my cardiovascular and muscular systems ready for the duration and distance of the run.   My husband?  He just did it.   He paced with me and only walked for about one minute after we got past the two mile mark.   I was quite proud of him.

Getting back was a bit of a trick as many, many people opted to not stay and watch the post-race concert.   We ended up walking over a mile to get to the Wynn to catch a cab back to our hotel where we showered and headed to see La Reve (which is always a great show.)

Today is the marathon.   I’m off now to eat a big brunch before the event.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Separation Anxiety Update:   My children don’t really have separation anxiety.   My husband and I wanted them to feel comfortable without us around them.   I’m sure they miss us, but they are happily having a vacation weekend with Nana and Papa while we’re visiting here.   We’re so happy they’re having fun and so grateful for the grandparents who made this trip possible for us.

Fitness Update:  5K in Las Vegas with my husband.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment