Friday, November 6, 2015

Missing Friends

We went to a wedding reception for good friends of ours tonight.   They got married several months ago, but tonight was the celebration they had with their family and friends.  It was a great event.  I loved the music, food, drinks and service.   And most of all, I enjoyed seeing friends.

One of the couples we saw were friends we had been closer to in years past but had drifted apart since we had had children and they had had their daughter.   I think after tonight we may get together more often as a group, children included, to share time together.

The other friend I was so glad to see was someone who I used to date, then he married a friend of ours.   They adopted and raised a child and then they later got divorced.   He now lives in an area close to Boston.    All that time and all those events and I miss him though as one of our friends.   Regardless of the fact that we dated many years ago, he is still one of our friends and the group of us miss him.    It was so nice to see him and catch up this evening.

Thanks for asking me to dance, Matt.   I had a fun time dancing with you, our friends and their children out on the dance floor tonight.

The Big Boy Update:  My son got a ninja toy from the dollar store yesterday.   He didn’t treat it gently and it broke.   We were able to fix it but I had a, “you get what you pay for” conversation with him about quality just in case.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I wasn’t letting my daughter have candy, cookies or dessert for snack the other day.   She complained loudly, “I don’t get to eat anything, ever!”   I told her when she selected a healthy snack I would help her with something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment