Friday, November 13, 2015

One

We went to see Michael Jackson’s The One show in Las Vegas tonight.  The big shows here are always an experience.    As I watch the shows and see something new with lighting, choreography, acrobatics, stage equipment and costumes I can’t help but admire the creativity of the people who put together the performance.   There’s always something spectacularly new and different.

It was a trip back through Michael’s music intertwined over time.   I remembered all the songs and recollected what was happening in my life when each was popular.   I knew he had had a lot of hits, I had forgotten how many.    

The Big Boy Update:  My son was unexpectedly interested in singing the other day.   Getting his sister to stop singing is generally a challenge but he seems not so interested in musical pursuits.   We were going to school and she was singing into a plastic microphone.    He said, “it’s my turn now.”  She handed him the microphone and then he and she had a conversation about what song he should sing.   Then he did a reasonably on-key rendition.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My father-in-law sent a picture of my daughter very happily eating gummy bears at dinner yesterday at one of her favorite restaurants.   She is now doubt having a great weekend with her grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment