Sunday, November 29, 2015

Straightening Up and Other Thoughts

Straightening Up
I had been having trouble swallowing and having food stick in my throat over the last year.  I had a swallow study done and then an upper endoscopy which revealed only that my esophagus wasn’t straight likely due to the spinal fusion hardware in the area but otherwise nothing was wrong.   I wasn’t excited about having a difficult time swallowing for the rest of my life but that’s what it looked like was going to happen.   The doctor said that sometimes the scoping process will cause the esophagus to reshape.   I was highly skeptical and truthfully forgot about that until just recently when it occurred to me I was having dramatically less trouble in swallowing and things weren’t getting caught any more.    What a happy and unexpected consequence.

How do they know where, “the game” is?
This happens from time to time.  Someone says something like, “can you turn the game on?” or “do you know what the score of the game is?”   People who know something (or a lot of things) about sports automatically know what sport, what game and where to find said game on the television.    I don’t even know what season it is.   I’m all about people enjoying their favorite teams play.   If you want a good laugh though, ask me a sports question.

Lack of Email
This five-day holiday weekend was email amazing.   I got hardly any, including Black Friday when I wouldn’t have been surprised to get a lot of sales-type emails.   People were spending time doing other things than sending email.   I did not miss checking my email one bit over the holiday.

Happy Children, Clean House, Sanity
Someone told me recently you can have two of the above, but not all three.   Which were the two I tried to have?   I’ve been thinking about this for a while and I swear, I try to have all three but I agree, it’s a near impossible thing to achieve.

The Big Boy Update:  My son knew it was a long holiday this weekend with five days without school.  On Thursday evening he asked me, “I have five days, how many are gone?”  When I told him two he said, “three are left.”   This sounds like great four-year-old subtraction but he was asking because he knows he doesn’t get the iPad on week days and wanted to know how many more non-school days were left.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This morning my daughter looked at my sleeping clothes and said, “why do you always wear those?”  I explained they were my favorites.   She told me, “you should put them in the wash.”

No comments:

Post a Comment