Saturday, November 7, 2015

Stuck in Work

I came to the basement to write this post hours ago when my husband was putting the children to bed.   I am getting to this post now, with my eyes focusing not so well, because I got “stuck” in work.  

It’s a common phenomenon that when you sit down at your desk, it’s easy to get sucked into all sorts of other things that need to get taken care of and the thing you came to the computer to do in the first place gets put further down the list.   That or you get attacked by the distraction monster.   “Ooo, an email from so-and-so about the thing I need to order online for my uncle for Christmas,” for instance.   You know, that kind of stuff.

I was distracted by medical insurance re-enrollment, emails about birthday parties, presents for the children for the holidays, catalogs, annual fund mailings, annual fund phonathon, annual fund coordination.

But I got things done.   Things have been accomplished and my to do items are less now than they were earlier, so that makes me happy.   I love having my list of things to do in order.

The Big Boy Update:  Today my son said something to me he’s never said before.  I have a feeling I’m going to hear this a lot more as he gets older:  “mom, can you download this app for me?”   I downloaded it and explained it was going to be an app that needed reading to understand and that’s why working on his sounds at school would be good so he could learn to read.    We’ll see if it’s made an impact on him.   For now, he’s hatching dragon eggs and building a dragon city in some app.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted a cheese stick, saltine crackers and a knife to spread some Wow Butter.    It was a bit unconventional, but she seemed happy spreading Wow Butter for twenty minutes.

Fitness Update:  We ran six miles this morning in no rain, a tiny misting, a drizzle, rain, intermittent heavy rain, full-blown heavy rain.    My shoes were squishy and I was drenched when we got back in.   But it was a great run in seventy-degree weather.  

No comments:

Post a Comment