Monday, November 2, 2015

Hide and Seek

We decided to play a game of hide and seek with the children after dinner tonight.   At their age they completely understand the point of the game, but they’re not very proficient at playing it in practice.

They know they’re supposed to count or run off and hide.   They understand the whole seeking process, but they don’t know how to do a thorough job of looking around an area.   They don’t think about where human-sized areas might be that would be good for hiding and most importantly, they give up and leave you hiding when they get bored.

So we helped them out tonight by playing in teams.   We had a great time.   The very last round they decided to play kids against parents.    We hid in the linen closet and were given away the entire time by the dog, who sat by the door and barked at them from time to time.  

My daughter came over and asked the dog, “where is your family?”   There was a one-sided conversation with the dog and then they left to go downstairs, yelling out, “what floor are you on?”   We whistled and they returned upstairs, talking to the dog when they arrived.    I gave us away because I was laughing too much inside the closet.  

Good times.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been busily circling all sorts of things in the catalogs that arrive daily by mail.   He and I had a conversation about the word “favorite” and the phrase, “the most.”  I asked him which one did he like the most?   He told me seven things he liked the most.   I asked him then which one of the transformer robot dinosaur things he’d circled was his favorite?  He explained that the red and the blue and the green and the yellow and the black ones were his favorite.    

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:    My daughter’s hunger is under control once again I think.   She’s gained a good bit of weight for her small size, but I think she’s stopped gaining and is now maintaining (I hope.)   She isn’t so food-driven anymore with the reduction in the oral prednisone.   She’s at a low dosage that will hopefully taper off and end soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment