Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Windshield Wiper Loaner

I was substituting at school today so I didn't see my husband until we met for lunch.   As we ate lunch my husband said to me, "I want you to go take a look at the car when we're done eating."   Was something wrong?   Had it gotten scratched?   Did someone dent it?   Was there a problem with the tires?   I asked all these questions with an edge of hysteria in my voice because I didn't want our favorite car to have something wrong with it.

He wouldn't tell me.  He did tell me nothing was wrong though, which stymied any more questions I might have asked because it was freshly washed and it's always fairly clean on the inside as my sticky children not allowed in it.

It turns out, the car had changed colors.   It was no longer black—it was red.   My husband had taken it in to get the wiper blades changed.   There is an issue on some cars with wiper blades not making full contact with the windshield, causing an area to smear instead of wipe clean like you'd normally expect.   We have this issue, although it's been minor and we haven't gotten around to doing anything about it for the three months we've had the car.

My husband took the car in this morning to get them changed and they told him it would take them about forty-five minutes due to their schedule, and if he didn't want to wait, they could give him a loaner car.    Further, they said, they would bring our car back to us, to our house, and pick up their loaner car when the wiper blades were exchanged.

Have you ever heard of a car company that does anything like this?   I sure as hell haven't.  I am completely and thoroughly impressed.

I drove the red car back to the house (breaking our unspoken round-trip rule) because it had different options than ours.  We have the P85 and this was an 85.   It's very clear what the P (which stands for "Performance") does when you've had a chance to drive both.   We could also tell that the added suspension option we put on ours made a significant impact on the feel of the drive.   Our car feels like you're riding on a cushion of air.   The red car still drove wonderfully, but you could feel the road underneath you more.

I am still in love with our Tesla Model S, and the company, Tesla Motors, who makes them.    Thanks for a great vehicle and experience guys,

The Big Boy Update:  I paraded through all the classrooms during the International Peace Day celebration today.   I was substituting in the Upper Elementary class and they both begin and lead the parade.   I helped them make a huge peace sign out of sand on our playground field earlier in the morning and as we finished our parade, picking up all the other classrooms, we made a human peace sign by standing around the perimeter and middle lines.   My son wasn't expecting me to parade through his class, as parents aren't part of the celebration.   However, when I walked through, he was happy but stayed in his seat and waited until it was his turn to join the line and meet us outside.   I was proud of him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was thrilled to see me in the International Peace Day parade this morning.   She was also excited to see me in the peace sign outside when she arrived.   She was close to me, but she stayed in her spot, standing by her brother coincidentally and sang our school's song along with everyone else.   She did a great job.

Fitness Update:  I just got an out-of-the-blue call from my running buddy down the street.  She got off work unexpectedly early and would I like to go for a short run?   I would.   I have to run get dressed now.   See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment