Saturday, September 27, 2014

Beach Ball

We're at the beach this weekend with our friends.   We've been friends with them for several years and they've asked us to join their family multiple times at their beach house, but it's never worked out.    We weren't sure if we were going to make it this year, but we shuffled some things and made it down this weekend, even though the summer was for all intents and purposes, over.

The weather turned out to be great.   I packed long shirts and pants as well as shorts and t-shirts for the children and me because I didn't know what weather we'd encounter.  Today was not only warm, it was sunny too.  The water temperature was great as well, so we spent a lot of time on the beach.

My husband went biking with the other dad and I went running later with the mom.   All six children had a nice time together, which was a bonus, because we didn't know how well the social dynamics were going to work out.  

They bought their home (half of a duplex) on a short sale and then did a lot of renovations to make it into something they felt comfortable renting.   I had heard a lot about the renovations and the challenges they had last year in getting them done in time for the rental season.    I had a picture in my mind of what it would look like, but I was not surprisingly, wrong in what I pictured.   Their house is lovely.

I didn't expect any less, but I think what I like the most is they have similar preferences in style to me.   I feel right at home here.   With six children and four adults, it's a tight fit, but since my two can sleep on mattresses on the floor of our bedroom, we were all able to fit in.

We're off to eat seafood for dinner and then go to some "amazing ice cream pace" as it's called by our friend's children.  

The Big Boy Update:  Asleep on the chair.   My husband played with my son in the water this morning and again this afternoon at the beach.   After he was done this afternoon, my son say in a lawn chair and asked for a towel.   Then, he fell straight asleep in the afternoon sun.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The kitty cat song.   My daughter still likes this one song from over a year ago.   She calls it, "the kitty cat song" and when she requests it, I put it on for her.

Fitness Update:  Six miles on the beach with my friend.   We didn't run on the beach itself, but the road instead.   Running in one direction was hot, running back, against the wind, was refreshingly cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment