Friday, September 5, 2014

Fall Cleaning

Some people get struck with spring cleaning fever.  I get stuck with fall cleaning frenzy.  Actually, I get plagued by both. I like to clean things up and out.  It's amazing how many things it's possible to accumulate, even when you're not trying.

My husband and I decided it was time to get rid of lots of the children's toys they had outgrown.   We went through every single toy, infant and toddler item we had, deciding what to keep and what to share with others.

My husband had a target of 50% reduction of stuff.  I don't think we met that number, but we have a lot less clutter now.  We kept things that were important to us or items we might have use for if someone visited with a younger child, but for the most part, if we no longer needed it, it got put in the big share pile.

All the toys we picked out we're easily added to the stack by us, the adults.  The children, having not seen the baby rattle or sorting blocks or other items in some time, immediately had to play with them all. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son said to me today, "This is not a circle. It's round. Some of them are pointy sides".

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has learned how to change the toilet paper roll. She knows where the replacement rolls are and she knows the used roll goes in the trash. Only, sometimes she likes to change the roll when the current roll is still full.

No comments:

Post a Comment