Sunday, September 21, 2014

In the Corner of my Eye

I have this piece of foam on the counter in my kitchen.   It's a strange piece of foam.   I went to The Scrap Exchange today with my neighbor.  This is a place for recycled and repurposed materials.   My neighbor and I love to go and get strange and unusual things.   I was looking for something to aid in my Halloween adult drink plans for this year.   After last year's urine specimens, I have a reputation to uphold.

There is a section of the store with different size bags.  You can get a $3.50 bag up to a $15.00 bag and fill them with as much as you can stuff in from these blue bins.   I saw some things I was interested in so I got a $3.50 bag and started putting small items in that I thought my children would enjoy playing with.  

One of the things was an inch by four inch piece of foam with a peel-off sticker on the back.  There were five holes along the half-inch thick foam bar and in those holes was something that looked like gauze with a blue string around it.    What was it for and what was in the gauze packets?   I didn't know, but I put them in my bag and waited until I got home.

it turns out the gauze is just that, gauze packets.   The best we can figure out is it's medical-related (there are lots of medical donations to this store—safe things though.)  Were these little nose plugs for bleeding noses?   Was the sticky back so the unit could be stuck on a cabinet for quick access?  No one knows.

I stuck it on the corner of the counter and was going to put it up later tonight.   I haven't yet though because every time I walk by I see it out of the corner of my eye and it reminds me of something.  Before I realize it, I've looked over to see the thing I don't quite remember...and then I lose the connection, because I realize it's the strange foam/sticker/gauze thing.  

I may have to leave it there for another day or two to see if I can figure out what it's reminding me of because it's bugging me now.

The Big Boy Update:  Rescue helicopter.  My son was a rescue helicopter today.  He had a string with a carabiner on the end wrapped around his arm almost all day and he was rescuing things all over the place.  At The Scrap Exchange this morning, he spent about forty-five minutes on a pile of cinder blocks doing I don't know what, but to him, he was rescuing things (rock-type things).   He was so happy playing that we delayed leaving and did extra shopping.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter selected a sucker from a large stack at the drug store today.  She very carefully picked the exact one she wanted.   When I had opened it up for her and she started eating it, I asked her what flavor it was.   She told me, "It's green."

No comments:

Post a Comment