Friday, September 12, 2014

Sand Box, Paper Cones, Ball Pyramid and Light Hooks

These are all things my children enjoyed today.   They enjoyed these things even though those weren't the things we wanted them to enjoy.    We took them to a, "special place" to give them a "lesson" in something we thought they'd find fun...the to the golf course.

My kids like to whack things and they have these little golf clubs that we're forever telling them not to whack things with.   My husband got them a new set of three clubs that look like real clubs and my son had been talking about golf.   We thought this could be a nice afternoon event.

And it wasn't a bad day.   My kids had a great time, they just had a great time doing things other than playing golf.   My daughter was very interested in the paper cone cups and the water machine beside the driving range.    My son thought filling up a paper cup and throwing it at his sister was loads of fun.  

The driving range was exciting, although that was mostly due to the pyramids of golf balls they enjoyed playing with.   They were very interested in the big machine that was eating the golf balls at the driving range.

We got them over to the putting practice area, but they didn't make it all the way there because there was a large night lamp structure on wheels.   This thing had...wait for it...big hooks on chains that my son thought was quite possibly the most exciting thing on the whole golf course.     Getting them to the grass where there were boring white balls rolling around was a feat of distraction.

Once on the putting practice area, my son noticed a great big sand box.    This thing was huge and he needed to be in it, especially when he realized there was a rake he could drag around in the, "sand trap".

We had to end the day when first, we were running out of time and second, when my son fell on some fire ants and got his arm bitten up.  

Overall though, they had a good time.   Next time, maybe they'll even hit a few balls.

The Big Boy Update:  "Fire bugs."  Daddy told my son that Papa got bitten by fire ants all the time.   Tonight, Papa called on the phone and my son remembered and he wanted to tell Papa all about the sand pit and the "fire bugs" (as he likes to call them).   Papa listened to his entire story and told my son he understood completely.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The 'mama...mama' doll.  Have you seen dolls in movies or television shows that say, "mama...mama"?  Usually, it's annoying and rather creepy.   Frequently, it's in a horror movie.    My daughter does that, "mama...mama" thing all the time now and it is just as annoying and creepy.   Now I understand why those dolls are so ominous.

Fitness Update:   My trainer is making sure I don't do things that will exacerbate my neck.   It's frustrating, but it is helping.   It's calming down more and more, so something in all the things I'm doing and not doing must be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment