Tuesday, September 9, 2014

1000

I find this rather hard to believe, but this is my thousandth post.  That means I've sat down at this desk—or other desk-type location—and typed up something bouncing around in my head, and I've been doing that every day for several years.  

I rarely go back and read what I've written, but I thought it might be interesting to see what I was thinking about two years ago, so several days I went back two years to check.   It was singular that the post I went back to read was about writing blog posts.  On September 6th, 2012 I wrote about a phenomenon I'd noticed with my blog writing: if I talked about what I was going to write about that day, I lost enthusiasm for the idea and usually ended up writing about something else.    

Since that point, I usually don't talk about what I'm planning on writing that day.   With rare exception, that's how my blogging mind works.   Some days I'll have multiple topics occur to me, based on something that's happened that day, something I remember from my past or something that's happened to my children.    Oh, or I write a poem.   I think I only did that once.   I'm not much of a poet. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son's allergies are much better than they were two years ago.   Some of them persist though.  Peanuts will make him itchy and he mostly avoids them.   It seems he still has a fish allergy though as one bite of tilapia made his mouth visibly red.    We're going to have to wait a little longer to introduce fish it seems.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter helps to feed the dog.   She loves to do this job.  She likes to watch the dog eat, getting right in the dog's way.   Sometimes she only pays out bits of food into the bowl so the fun will go on for longer.   My dog tolerates this.   Yesterday I found my daughter feeing my dog dinner at one o'clock in the afternoon.  We had a discussion about not feeding the dog until mom or dad asked you to.   

Fitness Update:  Our trainer said he was going to kill our legs (and in the process make our glutes look fabulous) until my shoulder is better.    He lived up to his word today on the killing part.    


No comments:

Post a Comment