Monday, September 8, 2014

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Well, it's not exactly pouring.   But it has been raining all day.   It was a cool early summer and a pleasant middle-summer and then the summer decided to end with a big, humid bash over the last several weeks.   Today though, it was nice and cool.

It was calmly raining this morning and sixty-nine degrees.   I told my children they could wear their rain boots to school, expecting them to be thrilled.  For some time, they would want to wear them to school when there was no reason to wear them.   Today, they really didn't care though.

I told them they could wear their new halloween-themed outfits to school too, expecting them to be excited.   They were someone interested.   My daughter looked cute in her long-sleeved pumpkin dress and my son, after putting it on, was pretty happy about his bat shirt.

It rainy mildly for most of the day, putting me in one of those, "I just want to stay inside all day" moods.   When we picked the children up after school, we came home and we did just that—stayed in all day.

It's growing dark now and it's still raining.   I like the rain.   I'm rather looking forward to fall.

The Big Boy Update:  My son got mad at me today for something I did to help him.   That's not uncommon.   What was unexpected was his response; he came into the room and told me he was going to hit me (I had shut the door to a room and he didn't want the door shut).   He made punching motions at me and I warned him that it was never okay to hit someone.    Then, he suddenly punched me in the face...hard.   You should have seen me snap.   It wasn't good for him or me.   He was spanked and hauled into his bedroom.  He was crying and mad as hell.  I was madder.    I put him in his bed and told him to stay there.   He climbed out.  I put him back.    We had a rather loud discussion for about two minutes and then it was over.   He was completely calm and he wanted me to give him a kiss (he said he didn't want a hug, he wanted some kisses.)   We talked about not hitting and then he and I had one of the most pleasant afternoons together we've had in a long time.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My mother-in-law nicknamed my dog, "Ever So Hopeful" because she waits for things to drop while you're cooking in the kitchen.   Today, I nicknamed my daughter, "Ever So Helpful" because every time you're in the kitchen cooking, she's got her stool, following you around, wanting to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment