Monday, September 1, 2014

deadmau5

If you don't know how to pronounce the title, it's "dead mouse".   My son likes deadmau5, and I'm not even that surprised.   It's been interesting how we got there...

During spring break and Easter holiday, we went to visit my in-laws at their home in Florida.   During that time, my husband and I took a secondary trip with my brother- and sister-in-law to Key West.   We had a great time during both parts of the trip.

While we were in Key West, we looked for something to get Uncle Jonathan, who was taking care of our house and canine at home.   There were many things, but one thing that stuck out (and had absolutely nothing to do with Key West) was a t-shirt with deadmau5's logo on it.   Uncle Jonathan loves deadmau5, the shirt was cool looking, done deal.

We got home and gave Uncle Jonathan the shirt and from time to time he wears it when he comes to visit.  Here's the thing about deadmaus (did I mention he was a musician?)  His logo looks like the rather famous Mickey Mouse, but only to a child.    My son is a child...so he asked Uncle Jonathan if that was Mickey Mouse on his shirt.   Uncle Jonathan said that no, this was deadmau5.

The next time the shirt came to visit, my son remembered.  "It's deadmau5!" he cried.   We decided he might want hear some of deadmau5's music.   For those of you in the business of knowing all the niches and varieties of music, don't yell at me when I'm not technically accurate in my classification of deadmau5's work, but it's cool EDM to me.

EDM is "Electronic DanceMusic", and his music does, in fact, make me want to nod my head around (regardless of how much it may bother my cranky neck) and do that terribly unsophisticated dancing thing I do.

My son thought his music was great.   I'm not surprised by that either because for his favorite song this past year's classroom CD, he picked Martin Garrix's, Animals, which is also a serious beat-tastic song with very little words.

Today my son specifically asked me to put on deadmau5.  I pulled up Pandora and created a genre station based on deadmau5, just for him.    He really liked it.   He seriously can't dance.   He is definitely related to me on that front.

The Big Boy Update:  My son, after asking me to put on deadmau5 music, asked me, "What does deadmau5's Mickey Mouse dance look like?"   I did not know.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Into the wall she ran.   My daughter has inherited my, "complete lack of paying attention to hard things".   This is sometimes known as, "being clumsy".  This morning she was happily singing and walking into the kitchen, looking forward to breakfast when she looked to the right and ran straight into the cabinet, head hitting the granite.   That was only one of three times she hit her head today due to not paying attention.

Fitness Update:  Six mile success.   I ran again today.  Wheeeehaw, I am out of shape, but it wasn't like yesterday.  I was able to run the entire time, so my bonking yesterday was most probably due to a lack of calories and hydration.   I ate a huge meal last night and drank liquids before going out this morning and didn't have problems.  I did, though, still lose three pounds of water-weight just from the run in the hot, humid weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment