Friday, September 19, 2014

The First Race

My children are in their first race tonight.   They won't really be racing, or even running for that matter, but they're going to be there and we're all going to make a 5K distance as a family.

Last year we did this run called the Electric Run.   There's a lot of EDM (Electronic Dance Music) and the run was accented by areas completely lit up with LEDs, neon colors and flashing lights.   One portion of the run was down a channel of overhanging trees that had been accented by hundreds of white umbrellas.   A light show was being displayed upwards onto them and it looked stunning.

My neighbor and her husband brought three of their girls and a double stroller for up to two to rest at a time.   Their children loved the run.    This year, they're coming back and we're bringing our children too.

My son went with me yesterday to go pick up our race packets.  He wanted to start the race immediately and has been asking if it's time for the race ever since.   We've told them the race doesn't start until it's dark tonight, which will be after their bed times.  

I think they're going to love it.   I wonder how much of it they'll run?

The Big Boy Update:  My son found a small foldable ladder that went with one of his toys yesterday. He's recently been obsessed with, "Heat Wave". a fire truck Transformer from the kid's show he loves.  We got in the car yesterday and I couldn't figure out what he was doing at first.  Then, I realized he was folding the ladder and putting it in the middle of his back before leaning back into the car seat.  He wanted a ladder on his back just like Heatwave has.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's love affair with Jacob continues.   They're not in the same class this year, but they share the same playground time.   She has told me more than once that she and Jacob held hands during playground time.  Today, when her teacher put her in the car, she told me that every day my daughter comes to find her to tell her, "I found Jacob!"

Fitness Update:  Some days/weeks I just don't want to be in the gym.  Lately, I haven't been minding it at all.  I'm not looking at the clock to see, "how much time do I have to keep doing this", and I've been having fun with the exercises, even when they're challenging and exhausting.   I hope it continues, because it's no fun not wanting to exercise but feeling like you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment