Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Watch That Wasn't There

My watch is broken.  I love my watch.  I've had two of the same watch, so I looked online and found out that it's more expensive now, by 50% than it was eight years ago when I bought it last.  So it got me thinking. 

I keep my cell phone on me most of the time, in a pocket, or in my purse.  There's a more accurate clock on it and I can look at it whenever I need.  So I'm doing a test.  Do I really need a watch?

What I have discovered is how very often I look at my wrist to find out the time.  I keep a rubber band hair thing around my wrist all day because I frequently put my hair up.  I have been trying to suss out the time from that elastic band for a full week now. 

What I've been saying to myself a lot of the time is that I know generally what time it is, do I need to know exactly what time it is or is knowing the time something that's a comfort?  It's not uncommon to be time-focused in our society today.  I like to be an on-time person, and I like to be time-efficient.  But does looking at a watch all day long help me accomplish that any more, or does it just make me more time-concerned?

So, I'm still looking at my wrist, or the hair band on my wrist, and I'm trying to not worry about the minutia of time flow.  I'm giving it a few more weeks before I decide on the watch situation.


The Big Boy Update:  Jump and fling.  He can just begin to jump now.  It's so cute.  He knows the process of bending his knees and moving swiftly upwards, but he is just now getting that he needs to push hard to get off the ground.  On the "fling" front, earlier today he wasn't going to nap.  He was making loud, "I'm angry you're not giving me my pacifier any more for nap" sounds he makes of late.  I went up to check on him to find poop smeared on him, the sheet, the blanket, the bumper, and yes, even on the floor.  He was not my favorite baby boy at that moment. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Angry when she doesn't want to sleep.  Of late, she can explain to you that she was not happy about being put in the crib for a nap or bed time.  This is new.  She's getting more of an opinion and a voice.

Fitness Update:  Heart rate compliment.  I had some eye surgery yesterday.  After putting in the IV they put the heart rate monitor on my finger to make sure I was a go for surgery.  I wasn't paying attention, but one of the nurses said, "You must do a lot of exercising, look at how nice and low your resting heart rate it."  That comment made my day. 

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Bob is famous for doing the same poop thing when he was a baby. It must run in families!

    ReplyDelete