Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Cleanup Crew Named Lu

And how I have missed her...

Due to travel from one grandparents house one to another, golf tournaments, visitors and schedules in general, we left the dog with my mother- and father-in-law for the past week.  I knew she would have a great time.  She is treated like canine, no, human royalty during her visits.  She gets tasty treats, has long walks, visits with neighbors and even goes on errands with my in-laws during her visits.  In short, I'm sure she'd rather stay than come home.

You never know how you'll miss your pet until they're no longer there.  In this case, I didn't miss her in the traditional way, as I knew what a great time she was having.  I missed her in the, "Looks like I'm going to have to get on the floor again and clean up crumbs" way. 

She is always under my son's high chair.  And now my daughter has figured out it's fun to feed the her.  Does she need to go outside?  We won't know until meal times are over, because she's on the job, making sure not a crumb remains unclaimed, as the children eat.

She is so thorough and consistent in her job that I didn't realize what a mess my son was until she was gone some time back.  I remember saying to my husband, "I now understand why parents don't like Cheerios, because they get on the floor and get stepped into powder."  In our house, any Cheerios that drop are immediately eaten, no chance for crushing. 

This weekend at my parents, we could have used her on the deck at every meal and snacks.  My son does love to sweep, and he tried to help.  But his success at sweeping the crumbs and ort off the deck is three levels shy of hit or miss, otherwise known as, "miss."

Our dog returns tomorrow.  We'll see if she's willing to take us back in as owners after her grand treatment at the grandparents.

The Big Boy Update:  Park and Pony.  We went to the park the other day.  My mother does a fine job of finding new parks that will be fun for little children.  She also told him where we were going, so that he understood "park" is a place to go and play.  By the end of the day he was saying, "park park."  There's another thing she taught him called, "riding the pony" where he on your foot and you bounce him up and down while saying, "Giddyap giddyap giddyap pony..."  Although my mother started this game, he will "mount" any unsuspecting foot.  But he's too big now and he falls to the side and can't balance.  My mother was playing this with his sister yesterday and he tried desperately to piggyback on the foot pony to get one more ride.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: "Ha ha ha ha ah ah ha."  She chants this ha/ah sound a lot lately.  She seems to be listening to her voice.  She does it when she's thinking about other things, like sitting on the potty looking at a book.  If you say it back to her, she stops, looks at you for more information and the resumes when she's mentally distracted again.

Fitness Update:  10% more body fat and 12% less muscle?  Hold on now.  I know it was a big lunch and I lounged around a bit but that seems an extreme change from yesterday.  Let me weigh myself again and see if the scale's calculations were just off.  No, it's saying those numbers are correct.  It's always within a small tolerance that's changed appropriately with my exercise and diet.  Something must be wrong.  OH!  My son has managed to reprogram the scale.  It thinks I'm 4' 7" and ten years older.  What a relief.  After correcting the programming and all was back to normal.  At nineteen months he's reprogramming digital scales, what will be next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment