Friday, July 13, 2012

Bathing Suit Cup Inserts

Guys, you won't know what I'm talking about here, but I bet the ladies will.  Most bathing suits have these "headlight protection" pieces of thin foam in the chest area.  It's a very nice feature.  But it's a broken feature in most suit tops as far as I can tell.

The inserts are designed to come out.  There is usually a little hole in the side of the inside of each cup so you can remove it.  I'm not sure why you would want to remove the insert.  It's thin and uniform at about 1/8th inch thick.  It doesn't provide extra body, lift or support.

But why would I want to remove this useful piece of foam?  It washes well.  They've always washed well for the life of any suit I've had.  I know this, because I never, ever, remember to take the foam out when the suit is wet.

The foam cups do another thing, without fail.  They fold up into strange formations in the wash.  They bunch up to the side or fold in half or roll up.  They never stay in place.  So before you put the suit back on you have to swear at the bathing suit industry for creating something so helpful but implementing it in such an infuriating way, remove the insert, rotate it around to figure out how it went and which side is the front.  Then you have to decide how to best fold it up so that you can get it back in the little slit and have it open back out into it's original, intended orientation.

Why aren't these little foam pieces sewn in?  It may well be the determining criteria for my next suit purchase.  Puce and vomit-colored splash pattern with built-in, non-removeable cups?  I'll take it, thank you.

The Big Boy Update:  Milk shake shake.  We went to Red Robin the other night for dinner and decided to get him the child's milk shake.  He loved it.  He liked his chicken on a stick and fries too, but the milkshake was the star.  By the end of the meal he was jacked up and ready to rock and roll from the sugar.  He slept well that night.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: She's still at a good age where I can take her places with me and she won't be a problem.  I had a two-hour car service today I was able to take her to.  She crawled around in the lobby area and made friends with a nice man who has an eighteen-month-old.  Soon enough I wont enjoy taking her places.  I wouldn't like to take my son to the same appointment and chase him around for two hours, hoping he doesn't break anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment