Monday, July 30, 2012

Twicecream and Thricecream

I like ice cream.  I like it usually out, at a frozen yogurt place.  I like it from time to time, but I'm not an ice cream fanatic.  I am, however, (and inexplicably) in a major ice cream phase right now. 

I think about ice cream during the day.  I think about ice cream before I finish my meal, wondering which of the ice creams I have in the freezer I should have (and sometimes I have some of each kind.)  I think about ice cream before bed.  And I eat ice cream about that often as well.

Some days I have twicecream.  Today I had thricecream.  I am going to have to trust my body that I need either the carbohydrates or calcium or some other nutritional component or heck, just the calories because there is no real reason I should be craving ice cream three times a day. 

And no, I'm not pregnant. 


The Big Boy Update:  The pig that gasses.  At the baby shower for my daughter we got not one, not two, not even three, but five rumbling pigs from our registry.  Something went wrong at Target and it never marked it purchased, even though people bought from the registry.  The one remaining pig vibrates when you pull his tail, or he "gasses" as my friend's son, Gavin says. This pig is so round it's more like a ball than a pig.  I pulled it down to let my son play with it earlier today.  He looked at it and made the snorting sound he makes when he looks at one of his books and sees a drawing of a pig.  He's beginning to make some impressive connections lately.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Ice cream cone.  I got mini ice cream cones from the freezer section at the store.  I've given one to my son before, out on the deck, without a shirt on.  Tonight I gave one to my daughter.  I held on to it while she tried to get the whole top into her mouth at once.  When she was done with the main bulk of ice cream, I set down the cone and went to get something.  When I returned, she was holding the cone, in the proper orientation, trying to eat it.  She spent a good while working on it with her two little teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment