Friday, July 27, 2012

Breakfast Time

One of my favorite times of the day is just before breakfast.  If you'd have asked me years ago if I would look forward to, even enjoy, getting up before everyone else to get breakfast ready for a family, I would have told you definitely not.   But so it is.

Other people might guess that nap time and bedtime were what I look forward to the most because it's what I joke about often.  But early mornings have become a relaxing, fun period I look forward to.  \

 A lot of the time I've gotten up early to exercise and shower.  So I'm in a good mood, and I'm ready for the day to start.  I like being in the kitchen, getting meals ready for the children, having a cup of coffee and letting the dog out.

Sometimes it's quiet.  Usually it's not.  The babies wake up before breakfast and talk to each other.  Or they complain.  Or they just cry.  But a little settling, a toy or book in the crib and they're fine until it's time to get up.  This morning, for example, my son is practicing all his words.  He's most likely standing up in the crib, looking over at his sister, who is holding on to the crib bars, and talking at her.

When breakfast is ready and it's time to get them up, there's nothing better than going up to their room, walking in and having two babies smile their biggest grins at you because they know it's time to get up and eat.


The Big Boy Update:  Down the stairs.  The new play set has a ladder/steep set of stairs that my son can dash up.  Getting down is another matter.  There were no hand rails so my husband went and got them from the store yesterday once we realized we needed them.  After adding them on, we expectantly waited to see how he would climb down.  He used them, but didn't go anywhere for a bit.  We figured he wasn't going to take the chance yet, looked away to start cleaning up the tools and as we turned around he was down on the ground, heading towards us.  That was fast. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Leaves and Swings.  With the new play set, we've been putting my daughter in the baby swing.  She loves it and will swing for as long as you'll push her.  But sometimes she's on the ground.  She crawls around the yard, usually making a direct line for some leaves and then holds them up to the light, rotates them around in all directions and commonly tastes them for flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment