Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Breakfast on the Porch

I love springtime.  As soon as it was warm enough to eat out on the porch, I started bringing my son's high chair out and eating with him each morning.  We would have "nack" (or "snack" as we adults say,) lunch and dinner outside, weather permitting.  We'd even eat out there in the rain if the wind wasn't such that it would blow in on us.

We've had a week of over 100 degree weather so eating out on the porch has been out for a while.  I still like to go out there, and my son loves his climb up high chair for older children that sits out there.  He likes to climb up, sit down, turn around, climb back down and repeat after running around the porch for a while.

We do get a chance to go out for popsicles in the hot weather.  Timing is important with popsicles for a nienteen-month-old though.  Usually, the popsicle gets partially eaten and partially all over the boy.  It is most ideal to feed him frozen items when his outfit is already messy and about the time he needs to go in for a bath that day.

It's going to be hot for several more months, but I'm already looking forward to fall meals out on the porch, watching the leaves turn and enjoying the cool breeze.


The Big Boy Update:  Mama mama mama.  This morning I went upstairs because there was some complaints in the little girl department about a soiled diaper.  Whenever I go into their room and expect them to be sleeping, I don't look them in the eyes and I don't talk to them, or if I do, it's in a hushed voice.  This morning when he saw me he did something he's never done before.  He said, "mama mama mama" at me.  He usually cries or whines or makes sounds in your direction.  After I changed her, I changed him, let him pick out two toys (short, flat toys) and put him back into the crib.  He didn't complain, he's my good boy this morning.  Happy nienteen-month-birthday today as well.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Stand up for tired.  This morning she was standing up in the crib again.  The crib platform has been lowered, so she can't even get her little hands to the top of the railing now, but she can stand up using the bumper for leverage and look around.  She gets unhappy when she loses her pacifier through the rails and it rolls off on the floor, but in general, mornings and waking up from naps are more interesting to her now that she's more mobile in the bed.  And happy eight-month birthday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment