Monday, July 9, 2012

Oh, You Already Heard This Story

I don't like to think my life is so boring that I only have one or two stories to tell, but lately it seems like my day is punctuated with one or two things of note and that those few things are what I talk about when I'm in a conversational mood with someone else.

When we communicate, we tend to share stories.  It's more interesting than talking about the weather or the news.  But even so, we share what's happening in our lives—or talk about other people's lives—by telling short (or long) stories.  I write down some of those stories of my life or my thoughts here. 

What I've realized lately is that those few stories I write about, tend to be the very same stories I'm apt to share with people I see in person.  Did I not get it out of my system telling the story in written form here?  Then, to compound the issue, the people I tell the stories to are the people who read this blog.  About a third way through the story I realize they already know what I'm telling them.

Sorry folks.  I'm going to have to work on being less redundant.

The Big Boy Update:  His hair is getting lighter.  When the first person mentioned it I didn't think much of it.  Now that about ten people have mentioned it, I don't question it.  His hair has lightened from when he was born.  It's longer now than it has been in some time and yet it still seems to be more light btown than dark brown.  His hair gets messy when it gets a little long. Usually I run and get it cut.  This time I decided to let it grow through the messy stage.  It's starting to get cute curls now.   I may put off a hair cut for a while to see how it looks as it gets longer.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  First family meal.  She has been in a bouncy seat over in the corner for many meals.  She's been asleep for lots too.  Yesterday was the first day I remember her being a fully participating member of the family dinner.  My parents were over and we had six of us at the table.  My son ate and made a mess.  We ate and had good conversation.  She sat in her Bumbo chair and gummed food all through the meal.  She smiled at all of us and even talked back saying dadadadadadadada for a while.  We speculated she might be saying, "Dada" but decided it was just a sound.  The best part was when my son and she had a little babble conversation together.

Fitness Update:  My neighbor and I went running for the first time today.  We ran five miles, and we have decided we're going to definitely consider (note the vagueness) a half-marathon in November.  It was great running with someone.  She's an interesting person and she has lots of experience with babies so I got lots of good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment