Wednesday, January 4, 2023

They Are The Best

For as many things in this life as I feel I'm not good at.  For all the things I feel like I fail at daily as a parent, wife, daughter, and friend.   For all the kindnesses people show me and the understanding I receive—that I don't feel I deserve.   For two special children who get frustrated at and by me, but also understand and love me.   And for the best husband I could ever ask for.   Thank you. 

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.   It's another day with progress made, but not nearly enough.  Christmas still isn't all the way back in the attic.  It should have been up a week ago.   There are linens that need to be put away and things children have left here and there and things I've left there and here that need to be put away.  There is a lot to do and no one is upset it isn't done yet.   Everyone understands.  

I do have a very special family.  To me.   I couldn't imagine or want to imagine any of my biological family or those through marriage any differently.   As my neighbor used to say, "I hit the jackpot" when it comes to family. 

There is one thing I would change.   I would wish for my daughter to have sight.   I sometimes try to imagine what she would be like with vision.   She is so tenacious now, I can't imagine what she would be like if she could see. 

My son I will take exactly as he is.   He's the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment