Saturday, January 21, 2023

Clarity

Last night was a bad night.   But today my daughter said to me in the car she realized something.   She said that God didn't make her blind for a bad reason or that she deserved it or anything at all like that.   She said that she realized that her blindness is a positive thing.   She said it's harder sometimes, but she's okay with it.  That she's made peace with it.   

It was beautiful hearing her say those words.   But I have to take into consideration the other things she tells me, like when we were talking about suicide and parents losing a child (it was relevant to something she was listening to).   I told her I hoped if she ever felt that sad, sad enough that she didn't want to live, that she would let us or someone know.   I said that no child should have to feel that way.    She told me that she had felt like that before, but that she found something that made those feelings go away—guinea pigs.   

That wasn't that long ago.  My point is that she vacillates through emotions like all children do and we need to dig more if we want to find out how she feels overall.

The Big Boy Update:  my son has a bad cough.  I haven't heard of one in several years now.   He can't stop coughing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment