Monday, January 9, 2023

Alone And Bored

My daughter spends a lot of time in her room.   She listens to a lot of audio books, preferring to escape to another world.   I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.   I loved reading as a child and when I got into a good book, I could be gone for hours at a time.   Ideally she should be reading and not just listening to books, but she does a lot of reading at school and is electing to read some of the time. 

She says she's bored a lot.  She has gifts from friends and family members that she might like to do, but they will require assistance and she doesn't always ask.   This is in part our fault because we've been so busy building a social media brand I suppose is the word.  We are making sure to spend time with each of the children and to do things as a family.

What we don't want is to have either of the children expect to be entertained to the point that they don't know how to find things to entertain and occupy themselves.   I remember playing as a child.  Some of the time I wanted my parents involved, but most of the time I just wanted to play with my things outside or in the den or in my own little world that was my room. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son is in a state of not being trusted at all by my husband.  He's not doing what he says's he'll do and he intentional disobeys.    It's an age and a stage, but it's really annoying his father.   They're going skiing together this week which will give them some good time together. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I want to go somewhere while the boys are skiing, but we're stuck here with a dog and two guinea pigs, who may be needing medical care.  We're looking into options though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment