Friday, January 27, 2023

Anais Anais

When I was in high school I became interested in perfume.   I wasn't interested in makeup so much, although I tried to get on as much of the bright blue eyeshadow as I could when it was de reguir.  My freshman year in gym class there was a girl who was beautiful and in the super popular people group of people.   She and I had very little interaction other than being in the same locker bay for PE. 

When we returned to the lockers at the end of class, she would pull out a perfume and spray it up in the air around her, saying it smelled terrible.   I didn't know what the perfume was, but it smelled so nice.  I watched and was able to eventually see what I thought the name was.   

This is back in time.  There was no internet.   There was no world wide web of pages with anything and everything you'd ever wanted to know.   I had a good idea of the shape of the bottle and a possible name so I went to the mall and found it: Anais Anais.  

I eventually got some.  It was fairly expensive and I wasn't sure I really wanted to wear perfume all the time.   Recently, my daughter wanted some perfume.   I found Anais Anais still being sold and still fairly expensive.  I got a bottle and she and I are having fun with it.  

Four Children:  No, five.  Some days it feels like I have more than just two children.  Sometimes it seems like none of them can get along.  Individually they are all delights, together, trouble seems to find us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment