Sunday, September 20, 2020

Their New Passions

It’s a little hard to write this post today.   I’m on a time crunch, trying to finish this post before we need to leave to go to dinner at my in-laws.  They have been playing golf with my husband today in an early birthday day of being together.   The children and I have been working to get everything done here at the house.  This makes me happy that we’ve gotten so much done, but the children did their usual complaining about conscripted labor and threats of what they’re going to do when they’re parents.  

I took it for a while and then let loos into them, using the same tone and wording they had been using to me.   I complained about how I didn’t want to be doing this either, but my job was made so much harder because I had two complaining children who feel they are above folding their laundry, taking showers, cleaning up their rooms, making their beds and putting away things they pulled out to play.  I said more about living lives or privilege and I was not above removing some of those privledges if they kept up the complaining.   I won.    Parents always do.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son has a robot thing going on right now.   He wants me to 3D print him different robots.   I’m happy to oblige him because printing articulated robots that pop off the printer with limbs and head that moves is pretty cool.   He names them all and puts them in different arrangements.   Here’s one of them with all the robots printed thus far (one more is currently being printed).   The robots are surrounding one he named, “Deadbot” because it’s a failed print I had to pull off half-way through.  There’s also a catapult his father printed for him that is part of his crew. 


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has taken an interest in making balloon animals.  I loved making them as a child and to this day, I always keep a fairly exhaustive supply of twisting balloon colors and sizes in the craft room.   After several days of asking for one or two balloons and proving she wasn’t just wasting them, I gave her a small bag of them.   She’s been working on variations from what she knows.   I promised I’d teach her how to make more animals once she mastered the dog, and that, she’s definitely done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment