Monday, September 28, 2020

Mine Mine Mine!

I don't know what's been going on with my son lately but he's been wanting to claim everything as his.   He wants ownership of broken models from the 3D printer, things of his sister's he normally not care about, the odd random toy, an empty soda can, you name it.  

He's so intent on having the item he borders on the verge of obsession.   He wanted this ceramic pumpkin his sister got for her father for his birthday yesterday so badly I couldn't get him away from it.   I had to forbid him from touching it.   I had hoped he would forget about it, but as soon as his father opened the present, he was back trying to touch it and carry it around with him. 

He anthropomorphizes the item and talks to in a baby voice sometimes.   I know, from everything we've done in the past with therapists, that there is some underlying reason he's acting this way.   I don't know if it's something we're doing but I'm paying attention to our interactions with him to see if I can figure something out.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was so excited about the LEGO he got for his father's birthday present.    He couldn't wait for him to open it.   It's a LEGO model that's not so much a model as it is a mosaic picture you build with little round caps.   I hope he and his father will do the project together.   You can build three different pictures from the one set so it'll be interesting which one they choose. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Blake came downstairs today with a foam snow sled in his hands.   He said, "I may have just saved your daughter's life."  She had gone up to the attic and found the sled and was about to slide down the wooden stairs, face first.

No comments:

Post a Comment