Saturday, September 19, 2020

Delicate

The second 3D printer we now have is entirely different from the one we first got.   It’s like starting all over again in learning how to prepare models to be sliced, what models would work well in a resin-based printer.   What I did know thought was there were some models I wanted to print that our FDM filament printer wouldn’t be able to do as easily or at all even. 

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:


The tweezers are in the shot to give some perspective on size.   It’s a surprisingly strong.

I printed a stylized fox for my son and now my husband has said he’s interested in printing on the newer, very small, SLA (Stereolithography Light Array) machine.   He is currently printing the longest print we’ve ever done on either printer at ten-and-a-half hours.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son came downstairs with his father this morning already in “boss” mode, explaining to his father what they would be doing first (as they played Minecraft together) and who would be responsible for what.   They played together for several hours.   I liked seeing my son have so much fun with his father. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter figured out a game to play with the dog today.  The dog figured out if she brought the big ball over to my daughter, she would play tug with her.   My daughter used her ears and positional skills she’s learned while squatting down at the dog’s level and was able to get the ball and then get it away from her for a good while today.   The dog was so happy to be played with with her favorite big bal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment