Saturday, September 12, 2020

It’s Movie Night’s Fault

 Se this?  This is the dining room table I bought for myself years before I got married.  



When I got married to my husband this table went into the attic but when we built and moved into our current house, we, on not knowing what to do with the table when the mover's were unloading, told them to put it in the basement.   And here it's sat for almost ten years.   

It gets used all the time.   In the opposite direction as the piano is where the television is with sofas and chairs and where our Movie Night friends sit when we have movie night.   Someday, we hope to have movie night again. 

This picture of the table was taken a half-hour ago as a point of celebration because until this evening, the table has been covered in my husband's paperwork and other things.   He would work on it a bit, but for all intents and purposes, the table was unusable save for a spot to store things my husband hadn't gotten around to taking care of yet.  

My children are with Nana and Papa tonight and the big goal today was to get through the mire of stuff—and he did it.   My husband worked for hours and got it all taken care of.   We can now put together the big Lego project with my son we've been talking about.   

My husband came into the mechanical room (through the door in the picture above) and said, "do you know why the table got so out of hand?  I think I figured it out.   I had some ideas but when he told me I realized he was completely right.   He's always stored things there, but he cleans them up on a fairly regular basis—because we have movie night at our house.   People come over, sit at the table and eat their dinner or work on their laptops during the movie.   He has to clean up the table regularly. 

Despite COVID-19, mu husband told me he wasn't going to let the table get so out of hand again.  It was a lot of work today, on a day he'd rather have been doing other things. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son caught several fish at the beach yesterday.   It was several hours there and then several hours to get back home, but they fished for a long time and my son loved it all.   He brought home what looks to be a flounder that he wants us to cook.   He'll be allergic to it most likely, but we'll eat it so as to not waste its life. 


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is on the fourth book in the third five-book series currently.   Book five is released in early October.   She's going to have a hard time waiting to find out what happens. 




No comments:

Post a Comment