Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Kandinski Work

As I write this there is, on the floor above me, and entire living room transformed into another couch cave fort that involves even more furniture than the one from. yesterday.   But this is an aside.   The real work done today was by my husband and son.

Work has come in for my son from not only his main class teacher but the resource teachers including music, art, Spanish and P.E.  My husband and son have managed his work schedule for the week, adding in these additional subjects.

The routine we've gotten into is my Son at the breakfast nook table with my husband as teacher guide while I'm upstairs in the bonus room with my daughter.   My daughter needs to be upstairs because this is where her braillewriter is.   I sit at my son's desk at my laptop and my daughter works at her desk and on her braillewriter.

I came down late morning to find my husband and son at the table with large pieces of paper and my expensive marker set,  My husband said they were being careful with them because he knew that was the first thing I was going to say.  

What were they working on?  Arc class and their own piece in Kandanski style.  My husband showed my son this painting:


My son created this: 


I really like his piece.  My son was in the living room, workign on the fort and my husband was in the dining room as I leaned over the piece to examine it more closely.   I yelled out one of my favorite colorful swear words and my husband looked up.   I was frantically trying to get the chocolate ice cream I'd just dropped on his work off without noticable damage and my son was too busy to see what had happened.  

The Big Boy Update:  I've been falling asleep late afternoon for an hour or so after "school" lets out here.  My son woke me up tonight to say dinner was ready.   As I walked into the living room my son stopped me and asked if he could give me a tour of their new blanket fort.   There were so many rooms and they had fortified the blankets in place well.   I asked if they'd named their fort like people do for boats, beach houses or mountain houses.   They're working on a name for tomorrow as we let the fort stand overnight. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to do spelling words every day.   Seeing as I didn't have spellingn words from her teacher I looked up words for one year higher's spelling bee.   I thought third-grade spelling B words would be enough.   Some of them are good and she's learning spellings for them.   Some words though are just "too easy, mom."   When that happens, she asks for bonus words.


No comments:

Post a Comment