Wednesday, April 22, 2020

I’ll Be Caught Up Tomorrow

Things are definitely busy around here.   Every day I think I'll get caught up with things and can start in on <fill in next thing I've been trying to get to>.   I mean surely I'll get the hang of this schooling from home thing down and it'll just start being easy soon.   I'm not even coming up with the lessons.   My daughter just takes the work and does it.   What could possibly take so much of my time?

It's death by a thousand little stabs from a toothpick.   Nothing is hard, it's all easy.   It's just a lot of little things with, "Mama" thrown in at least four times every five minutes.   To give you an example, I've had to get up three times since I started writing this blog post.   I'm only on the second paragraph and I'm a fairly fast typist, but I am needed.  

Sometimes my daughter will call me for a frivolous reason, but many times she really needs help.   In the case of the three calls in two paragraphs, the tool she's using online keeps crashing.   She can restart it but then she calls out to me, "Mama, let's go."   What's happening is the screen she's on has the words, "Let's Go" in a box you have to move the mouse over to and click.   There is no way to tab or arrow key navigate to the location.   You just have to be able to see to do this one.

This morning my daughter was having, "Game Day" with Ms. B., her Braillist.   They are playing Monopoly, with my daughter doing all the math and managing properties and everything else necessary for two people to play when the other person is watching through a camera.

She came down the hall to find me and asked if I could help her find one of the dice.   Could she have found it on her own?   She could have eventually, but you know dice, they can roll.   It had dropped on carpet silently.   She was rolling carefully in a contained space but a die had gotten away from her.   This is one of the fifty interruptions in my day that are reasonable and necessary.  

This post sounds like me whining, which isn't my intent.   It sounds like I'm saying my daughter is challenging to deal with.   Well, she can be because she's a child and children excel at being challenging when they set their mind to it.   But in general, she's a sweet child that loves to help.   Her mental state of mind is much better and she's happy.   She just needs more help because the world has a whole lot that is easier with sight.

Maybe I'll get up tomorrow and be caught up at the end of the day.   Yeah, that's the ticket.  

The Big Boy Update:  I was responsible for my son's school today as well as my daughter's while my husband was taking an online course in the basement until one o'clock.   My husband is right, he has the easier job.   I was so proud of my son.   I had to ask how things were going twice and was shooed away by him so he could work alone.   He did come in and tell me he was very upset because the homophones work was so hard he'd given up and asked Alexa and she didn't even know the answers to some of them.  He was right, I had to resort to the internet to figure out some of them with him.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came over and sat in my lap as she hugged me goodnight.   With her head on my shoulder and mine on hers she said, "Mom, we could be the lady with two heads statue."  

No comments:

Post a Comment