Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Stamp Expansion

I’ve mentioned multiple times about the stamp system we have at our house.   The children are rewarded stamps for expected behavior we’re working on being routine for them as well as for things unexpected they did showing kindness or extra work.   This has been going well, with a few instances of stamps being removed for poor behavior.   My son and daughter are saving up lots of stamps for big items which will take them a while longer to achieve.

The other day my children decided my husband and I should have a stamp chart too.   We thought about it and it seemed like a very good idea.   Only the children could give us stamps and only the children could take our stamps away.   They got to choose what was stamp-worthy.   They had all the power and if they didn’t like what we did or said, they could take away stamps too.

So far it’s been working out nicely.   I’ve been surprised when and for what they decide to give us stamps.   They have been generous and kind and it’s made them happy.   This morning my son was mad though and he took a stamp away from both of us.   The act itself gave him a lot of satisfaction.

They want to know what we’re going to buy when we get three hundred stamps.   I told my children I hadn’t decided yet.

The Big Boy Update:   My son was thinking about Halloween in the car on the way to school yesterday morning.  He said to me, “this year maybe we could turn my Stay Puft Marshmallow Man costume into a s’mores costume.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter’s music lesson is now longer and she doesn’t have to go before or after her brother as he’s taking a break.   She could have gone on longer than the full hour today I’m fairly certain, she was having so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment