Sunday, April 15, 2018

Powered Pollen

It’s a lot of yellow here right now.   There is pollen everywhere.   I came home from the grocery store and I tried to get the garage door shut as quickly as I could so less pollen would come into the house. The pollen was boosted today, powered if you will, by the weather.   And while the quantity of the pollen makes it a formidable foe to clean-minded, allergy avoiding people, it was the assist by the weather that made it a real nasty business today.

I just scrolled through my phone’s notifications and it was an exciting weather day.   We had twelve hours of tornado watch alerts.   The incidents of tornados in our area is quite low, but it means a lot of wind.   High wind whipping about pollen into in your eyes and mouth and, bleh, I’m staying indoors.

We got thunderstorm warnings at dinner time and my husband pulled up the radar on the phone and showed my son.   This was a good thing, he said, pointing to the big band of precipitation, because the rain will help get some of the pollen gone.   My son goes on a three-day camping trip starting tomorrow morning with his class.  

We did get rain, although not as much as I wanted.   Somewhere close to us must have because we ended the night with a flash flood warning.   That’s enough weather for me, I’m going to bed.   Although I’d love a good thunderstorm to lull me to sleep…

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Lightning & Thunder Clean Up:  My son wanted to know if the “thunderstorm warning” meant that there would be lightning?   I said yes, that the thunder followed the lightning.   This was exciting to both of them so they went out to the porch to wait.   They discovered it was dirty out there and thought getting cloths to wipe off the dirt and pollen would be a nice idea.    Five minutes later they were filthy and the porch was no cleaner.   It’s a good thing it was bath night.

No comments:

Post a Comment