Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Done Time

I’m done.  With everything.   Or at least everything on my short-term get it done list.  It doesn’t happen often but when it does it feels nice.   All the emails have been answered.   All the paperwork has been done.   Anything that needs to be written or paid or mailed has been completed.  The pile of “to do” things I have in the hub spot that’s mine in the kitchen is completely empty.   The laundry has been folded and put away.   The dish washer is empty and the kitchen is clean.   It’s a great feeling, but it doesn’t last for long.

Emails never stay gone for long—people tend to reply back to you.  Dishes and laundry are only done for a matter of hours and more things just pile up.   We’re hosting an event at our house tomorrow and on Thursday I’m giving two presentations I’ve been finalizing for a week.   And by that time I’m sure I’ll be behind on all the other stuff I just got caught up on.

The Big Boy Update:  In the car today we passed a church that had a word in it that was similarly spelled to my son’s name.   He’s reading everything lately and this sparked a conversation about the different kinds of churches and beliefs and what his friends in school believed in.   Then he asked me, “is there a church for people who believe in The Big Bang?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We go to my daughter’s school tomorrow for, “student-led conferences”.   We’re not entirely sure what this will entail (although it seems perfectly clear to my daughter) but we’ll find out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment