Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Remind Me Again

I’m good about getting some things done and not so good about other things.   Perhaps most of us are.    My husband is excellent about getting lots of things done.   But some things, typically the things I’m most interested in him getting done, he’s not so interested in doing.

And I hate being a nagging wife.   And yet I’d really like that item on my husband’s to do list (that I added) completed.   To be fair, I don’t just assign him things.   There are areas my husband is much better at than I am.   And then there are things neither of us want to do, so we split the responsibility across the two of us.  

And then I stumbled on a way to not nag my husband that he likes.   I just put a calendar entry for ten o’clock in the morning, repeating daily, forever.   I had one that said, “How are the taxes going?” for a while.   It worked.   He laughed at the reminder and it did it’s job at the same time.

I hope I don’t abuse this new power—because it sure is tempting…

The Big Boy Update:  On the way home from dinner our car was full with seven people.  My husband had to move quickly into traffic and we all had a good time acting like it was a crazy ride, leaning into each other and yelling out.    My daughter, happy for large changes in motion, asked to have it done again, so my husband moved the steering wheel back and forth quickly.   My son seemed to like it but let us know, “if you move up and down, back and forwards my butt and my penis feel weird.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has decided she wants to have a top sheet on her bed.   She would get into our bed from time to time and she knew we had a top sheet.   Last week we put one on her bed for the first time.   It’s more to manage cover-wise for her as she’s a messy sleeper, but she’s happy to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment