Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Keeping It Clean

This post isn’t about me swearing, which I think I’d better get out of the way right at the start, because some of you know me and know that I’m not very good at keeping my language clean.   If I heard myself talking I might even offend myself I would venture to say—it’s that bad some days.   I have a collection of colorful words I use, mostly of the four-letter variety.   In this case, the post is about our first Tesla Model S.

We have a buyer flying in to purchase the car on Thursday morning.   If all goes to plan he’ll be picked up by my husband and the final details will be completed and then he’ll drive to his home to another state.   The process has been a positive one hopefully on both sides and we’re looking forward to having our parking pad freed up for visiting cars and so the basketball net is available for use again.

We’re trying to figure out how to keep the car clean between now and when my husband picks up the buyer at the airport.   It’s pollen season here in the south and currently that means there are a lot of yellow, itchy, small particles covering everything.   It rained recently, which put a damper on the clouds of pollen swirling around with the wind, but even a good rain doesn’t keep production down for long.

So things have been coordinated on our end, including asking my mother if she can help us get my son tomorrow at his camping trip with my daughter and me so we can leave the car in the garage, safely away from the pollen.   Thanks, Mimi.

The Big Boy Update:  It was cold last night outside.   My son was at camp in the woods with his class.   He was in a cabin and he has a warm sleeping bag so hopefully all went well.   He didn’t want to take a blanket.    Tomorrow we pick him up at one and I’m sure we’ll get to hear all about what he did (and see the very dirty clothes) when he gets home.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My husband and I were just arguing over something.   My daughter had her hand raised for a good while, then complained that we were cutting into her time to read stories to us for her homework.   When that didn’t work she said to me, “you are the rusted scraplet of this family”.   I had to put things on hold with our discussion to write that down so I wouldn’t forget.

Congratulations Are in Order:  Congratulations to our Uncle Jonathan on finishing the Boston Marathon yesterday in the cold, rainy weather at 3:12:33.   It was his dream to make it there and complete the race and we’re all proud of him.   My daughter is very touched that he had her hair tie with him as he ran the race as well.   She told me she hoped it helped keep his hair out of his eyes while he ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment