Thursday, December 21, 2017

Winter Solstice

It’s winter solstice today.   I don’t know which I like more, winter solstice or summer solstice, they’re both good times of the year.   Typically around about summer solstice I’m running a lot, which requires getting up very early.   By the time winter solstice comes around I’m not exercising at all and trying to curb my enthusiasm for consuming holiday calories as best I can.

So what happened during our short day today?  I don’t typically do day in the life type posts but today seems like a good day to try it out.  So here goes…

My son’s last day of school before winter break was yesterday which meant we let him have a day of screens today.   He played Minecraft most of the day with his friends, Gavin and Rayan.  They played outside and broke my yoga ball after I had very clearly told them it was not allowed outside.   The fact that they did so dressed as a horse and Spider Man did not make the loss any less painful.

My daughter’s last day was today.   She had “Pajama Day” today which means she’s wearing pajamas now and has had them on all day long.   I got her and her brother matching red and green-striped pajamas with their names on them.   She picked those pajamas to wear today which was a bit of a relief because a lot of her pajamas have weathered lots of washes and make her look like a disheveled child.

I’m going to a girls wine party tonight.   I went last year with my best friend at her request.   We both knew the cohost, but no one else.   We’re going back again this year.   It’s a bring a bottle of wine and take a bottle of wine home.  I’m not drinking right now so I think I’m going to pass on the wine part.

Other than that it was a nice day here with a lot of jewelry making happening with our visiting friends.   Earrings and necklaces were made.   I assisted on finding materials to accomplish what they were looking for and doing some of the finishing things like adding lobster clasps and doing wrapped loops.   I had a monster time with my right shoulder and had to lie down for a while and over-ice it to get it to back off.

My husband made chicken parmesan for our friends staying with us and my son and I ran off to get his green, extra long hair cut only to get back just as dinner was being served.   My husband makes a good meal, there’s not much left.

The Big Boy Update: When my son heard our friend’s guinea pigs had did he asked if they had a “san-ra-mom-ery”.    We figured out he meant ‘ceremony’.   He liked his pronunciation better.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got gifts from her teachers today.   I didn’t know teachers did that but all of hers did.  My favorite is a braille set of UNO cards.   She played UNO with Keaton for an hour-and-a-half this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment