Saturday, December 2, 2017

Little things

One of the things I like most about the holiday season is getting little presents.  Or rather finding them to give.   I like stockings and as a parent I find a lot of joy in hunting down things to put in the stockings.   My children are too young to realize it’s me filling them, but I fear we have precious few years left on that front.

This year my husband and I decided to do an advent calendar.   In a bit of decoration exuberance I bought an advent calendar to put at our front door.  The children opened the first drawer on the 1st which pointed them to their other, Lego-based advent calendars.

Which leaves me with twenty-three more days of the month to put something small or a note on where to find something dimensionally larger that’s hidden elsewhere in the house.   I have more than twenty-three days of things to put in their advent calendar.   I like buying little things that fit into something small.

Oh, and apparently I’m doing it wrong.  My husband asked if we were supposed to start with the drawers at the bottom and go to the top, ending on the one at the top of the tree.   I told him I didn’t know and uh, oh, we’d already started with December 1st being at the top.   The children had counted out to when my son’s birthday was.   So it’s a done thing.   I think we’er going to have to do the advent calendar backwards, at least for this year.


The Big Boy Tiny Girl Energy Overage:  My son and daughter went to visit Nana and Papa this weekend.   When they arrived they both had so much energy they couldn’t calm down.   Even when they got towards bed time and they were reading the story, they couldn’t let go of the energy to try and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment