Saturday, December 16, 2017

Trampoline Party

My son had his seventh birthday party today.   He wanted to do so at one of the indoor trampoline parks and he wasn’t that particular on who was invited.   We sort of let him have our way by suggesting he invite our friends who are visiting from out of town for a week with us and his good neighbor friends.   That and one other child from our Movie Night crew and we had a total of eight children, which was a good number, even though ages ranged from six to sixteen on the children front.

My son also wanted to have Pei Wei for the food—something difficult to do since the trampoline place was in the other direction entirely from Pei Wei, but was solved by having people come back to the house while my husband went to pick up the food.

There were four grandparents, some parents, Uncle Jonathan and his girlfriend, Margaret.   Most of the adults didn’t choose to jump but Uncle Jonathan, Margaret, my husband and threw middle-aged hazard to the wind, donned jumping sticky socks and went into the fray with the children.

Finding my son and his friends in the large place was a challenge some of the time for those adults who were wanting to get pictures but since everyone was having fun, no one seemed to mind.   My daughter spent a lot of the time with Margaret, whom she doesn’t get to see often but loves to spend time with.   As my mother would say, my daughter thinks Margaret, “hung the moon”.  

I forgot just how loud our house can get with piles of children in it.   Or rather I didn’t forget but I had a headache and my head was un-thrilled with the volume level so I hid after lunch and fell asleep for a while.    Thanks as always to the grandparents for keeping everyone (mostly my daughter) occupied.  

Tomorrow my husband and daughter leave for Detroit for eye surgery in which they’ll open up the scar tissue inside her right eye that is preventing her from (possibly) seeing.   We’ll know more after Monday if her right eye has the ability to see at all.

The Big Boy Update:  Why are boys so loud?  My son and his friend, Gavin, were having fun all day if volume is any indication of their level of happy.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been saying for a while now that she wants a blue car for Christmas.   She very specifically told me tonight, “I want a big blue car that’s just my size so I can drive around for Christmas.”   She further said, “and I want a hoverboard”.   She is fixated on the car thing, bringing home a sheet she brailled herself that reads, “For Christmas I want a car that is blue that goes fast, and is my size.”   This is a singular request because for Christmas the children are getting a Tesla child-sized electric car.”  There is a referral program with Tesla and since we’ve had a few referrals and Tesla mailed us a car.   It is red (the only option) but my husband has figured this must be because Santa likes red.

No comments:

Post a Comment