Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Month of Visitors

We have a series of people coming to stay with us this month.  I think we’ll have fifteen people staying with us, although not all at the same time.   I’m pretty happy about this because all the people that are coming to stay with us are either family or are in that category of, “might as well be family”.

So a full house.   That involves more chaos than I typically am comfortable with, but this can be a good thing.   I have a problem with chaos.   I fight it with excessive order.   Left unchecked this can turn into obsessive compulsive behavior.   Say for example the blinds having to be just the right amount of open or closed and when, upon entering a room, it turns out the blinds have been disturbed, they have to be restored to their “proper” or “correct” orientation.   And yes, this is something I have done and do notice.   So injecting my life with some chaos—three additional children for example—is going to do all kinds of good.

It makes me happy though when people come to stay with us and enjoy their time here.   You might remember back about two months ago when we had my childhood friend, Richard stay with us.   My children rated him a “solid eight” and we all didn’t want him to leave when it was time for him to go. This week Richard’s wife, Alice, has been staying with us as well as Richard’s mother whom my children call, “Aunt Jo”.  

I think everyone has had an enjoyable and relaxing time together.   I think the nicest thing though was when Alice got up after her first night here and she said, “I slept so well last night”.   Alice had to return home today and Aunt Jo is leaving in the morning.  

Tomorrow our friends who took their life on the road in a forty-five foot rig are coming to stay with us for over a week.   My children are very excited to see their three children and my husband already has a movie scheduled with Louie at 9AM tomorrow morning to see the new Star Wars release.

We have more family coming later in multiple sets, all the way through new years.   It’s going to be a busy but fun month here at our house.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was playing with some children he’d just met tonight at the neighborhood party at the clubhouse.   He’s getting better at these types of social situations.   He was playing some sort of Minecraft Wars and getting along easily with the other children.   I did’t see him for most of the time we were there.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is so social, but she has a hard time interacting with social groups in many cases because she can’t see what’s going on or where the friends are going.   So she hangs out with the adults she trusts.   While my son had a great time tonight at the neighborhood holiday social, I think my daughter was mostly bored.   I didn’t realize this until we had gotten home and she said something about it.   Some things make me sad when I don’t realize they’ve happened until its too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment