Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Couple of Things

My Mobile Office:  Some days I feel like I spend more time in my car doing work than going places.   This does not mean I’m texting and driving at the same time.  (I had to say that because someone was going to get on my case if I didn’t.)   What it means is I get to a destination and before I go to the next destination I end up on my phone electronically or on the phone proper and/or on my iPad and sometimes even on my laptop for periods of time.   This morning I left at eight o’clock to take my son to school.   I ran three quick errands and was home after eleven o’clock with the majority of the time on my phone in parking lots.   But I suppose as long as I’m getting things done it doesn’t matter where I’m working.

Thin Blood:  It’s the time of year when I’m cold all the time.   I need to just deal with the cold so my body will adjust but instead I’m drinking more hot tea and turning the heater on in the car.   I’m adding a blanket on the bed and I’m turning the heat up a few degrees.   At the rate I’m going I’m not helping things, I’m making them worse because I’m not acclimating.   I thought my son was going to complain today because I had the heat in the car on high for so long today but he didn’t seem to notice.   I hate being cold.

Three Inches:   I’ve started having troubles with the laundry.   I’ll pull out a pair of jeans and I won’t be sure at first glance if they’re mine or my son’s.   My son isn’t particularly tall and he’s only seven-years-old, but I guess I’m not that tall either.   So I did a check and held his pants up to my waist the other day and his jeans are only three inches shorter than what mine are.  I felt better about being confused, but I also felt shorter.  

Tesla Geofencing:  This is just a cool feature of our cars.   We had a clunk we were trying to diagnose with the tech at the Tesla service center the other day.   We drove off, parked the car and lowered the suspension with the suspension option on the touch screen.   Then we tested the backup and turn option to reproduce the problem.   When we got back to the service center I went to the suspension screen to raise the suspension back up to normal but it was already there.   The tech saw what I had done and told me. “we have the cars automatically raise suspension when they enter the geofenced service center area.”   So yeah, that’s cool as far as I’m concerned.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was watching our friend, Louie, work yesterday.   Louie had two laptops and my son asked what he was doing.  Louie said, “I’m monitoring work over here and playing a game over here” and pointed to the laptops respectively.   My son nodded and said, “ah, multitasking”.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  When I go to Detroit with my daughter as soon as she’s out of the OR and discharged she always wants to go to the mall and have Chick-Fil-A.   It’s just what she wants to eat every time.   I wrote about that the other day and my husband read the post.   He told me he’d never told me this but when he’s with her in Detroit she has no interest in Chick-Fil-A but instead wants pasta from Sbarro.

No comments:

Post a Comment